Wednesday, October 15, 2008

10/15/08 Session Report

The 10/15 session went as planned (thankfully). Only 4 children were in attendance. Another after school program started by the school is apparently siphoning off kids. Fridays are when most of the YMCA kids are there, but I can't attend that day due to class.

The good news is that I managed to do the lesson - Captions - fairly well. The four kids were older, so they had better attention spans and vocabularies. Popular comics included Dreamland Chronicles and Scary Go Round. I'll have numbers later. Pictures and videos will be posted soon.

Given the consistent low numbers, I think I'm going to reduce the number of templates still further from 3 groups to 2. I'm also thinking of cutting down on the warm-up, since more of the students seem to be leaving around 4:50 PM, only 20 minutes into the program.

No comments: