Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cons, Links, and Recent Developments

I'll be attending Otakon 2008 this August. I'm not going to be a guest, just a regular attendee. Many thanks to Erin Ptah who's helping me out with accommodations.

The Traveling Otaku (Totaku for short), who designed the CCP's new logo, has posted about it over at Tsunami Channel. TC was one of the early comics I used, based on my own involvement with it and the artist's willingness to let others "remix" his art.

In other news, two groups have gotten in touch with me and expressed interest in working with the project's school outreach programs. The first are the Freedom Activists. They're a non-partisan group originally brought together in support of Congressman Ron Paul. Their members include Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, etc. They're interested in cooperating with the CCP to create modules based around the free market, the Constitution, US history, and other topics. I'll be working with an artist they have as a member to make materials for these modules.

The other group is Pitt's Chinese graduate student group. There's a strong interest among them to combat the anti-China stereotypes that many school children fall victim to. With their help, the CCP may soon have modules related to Chinese history & culture, the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and more. I still need to work out the details with them, but it has excellent potential, especially given their ties to the Pittsburgh Chinese community.

More on the development of these modules later.

No comments: