Monday, April 13, 2009

Comic Project Sessions this Summer

I've been working on getting my summer schedule for the comic project done. I'm going to be working with multiple YMCA Summer Camps this year, including the Collegiate YMCA I did last year, and the Northland Library.

All of them are finalizing their summer schedules, so this is the optimal time for reaching out to them. Since I started so late in the summer with the Collegiate YMCA, they had to "shoe horn" me into the schedule, which lead to time issues. By being part of the schedule from the beginning, those issues shouldn't arise.

So far, my summer schedule looks like this:

Monday and Tuesday - Collegiate YMCA
Wednesday, 6:30 PM - 8 PM - Northland Library
Thursday mornings - Allegheny YMCA
Friday, 10 AM - 1 PM - Western Area YMCA

I'm not sure what time of day the Collegiate YMCA will allocate for me; Allegheny is working on exact times. I'm waiting for word from two other YMCA Summer Camps, who I'm hoping to schedule sometime on Wednesday and/or Thursday afternoons.

At Northland, I'll be working with a small group of teens (10-12 of them) . There are also plans for a workshop with a large group of teens (~50) on June 29th.

Current estimates for how many students I'll be working with vary. Collegiate YMCA and Allegheny will put me with two groups of ~20 each. Western Area has 3 groups of ~20 each. So I'm looking at 40 kids at two sites and 60 at the other, for 140 total, or 150 when you include Northland Library.

This should be a very fun time!

No comments: