Monday, November 24, 2008

The Blank Comic Book Contest Results

The results from Nat Gertler's Blank Comic Book Contest have been posted and the Create a Comic Project took 2nd place alongside 3 others:

"Runners up were Chris Leake, for wanting to put it on the counter of the comic shop he owns, Ninja Pirate in Pflugerville, Texas; Doug Burke of Utah, for wanting to use them as role playing guides; David Oakes of Chandler, Arizona, for wanting to archive letters of comment and value stamps; and John Baird of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for a variety community collaborative concepts. Each will receive their choice of one book from the above-listed packs."

While I didn't take the grand prize for 1st place, I did win a free book that I'll be giving away to my students. And the contest helped me think of several new ideas to use with my students. So all-in-all it was a good experience. Many thanks to Nat for running such a creative competition.

No comments: