Friday, August 29, 2008

9/3/08 Session

I'm expecting a number of new students at Sunnyside, so I'll be restarting the lesson order from the beginning for this new series of sessions. As with 7/22, this session will focus on panels.

Templates used:

Annie
Chugworth Academy
Coffee Achievers
Coolcat Studio
Cosmobear
College Roomies From Hell
Daisy is Dead
Diesel Sweeties
Dinosaur Comics
Ghost Hunters
Girl Genius
Goats
Ice
Kastle Comics
Krakow
Little Dee
Mac Hall
Marilith
My Stupid Life
Narbonic
No Pink Ponies
Nothing Nice to Say
Penny & Aggie
Phineus
Piled Higher and Deeper
Planet Karen
Questionable Content
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Seasons of Constancy
Shortpacked
Sketchies
Skin Horse
Sorcerers and Secretaries
Tea Club
Templar, AZ
Unshelved
Venus Envy
Weirdlings
You'll Have That

One tactic I'm starting to use is tallying how many times I've used certain comics. Some, like SMBC or QC, get used a lot because they're a main source of a certain layout type (such as single panel). Others get passed over because I keep forgetting to use them. So by knowing which comics I've been neglecting the use of, I can remember to hand them out to the students. The idea is that this will ensure greater diversity in the material.

No comments: