Monday, December 10, 2007

12/29 Workshop Preparation

While the Human Services Center had to cancel both workshops, there is a new hope: Pittsburgh's Toonseum, part of the Children's Museum, has expressed interest in hosting a workshop on 12/29. This is by no means definitive; details still need to be worked out. However, I am preparing for it as thought it'll occur.

Since my last post concerning preparations for the 11/20 workshop, I've gone through the archives of several more comics:

Coffee Achievers
Ghost Hunters
Goats
I Come From Mars
Lil' Mell
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Templar, AZ
Venus Envy

I still need to go through Planet Saturday Comics, Demonology 101, and Punks and Nerds, among others.

I've also been hard at work creating new templates. Here's a complete list of every comic that currently has templates (new ones since last time are in italics):

And Shine Heaven Now
Applegeeks
Awkward Zombie
Chugworth Academy
Coffee Achievers
Copper
Daisy is Dead
Dicebox
Dinosaur Comics
Dr. McNinja
Faking Life
Fans!
Flight (scanned in art from Kazu Kibuishi and Kean Soo)
Flipside
Girl Genius
Goats
Hate Song
Jellaby
Krakow
Lil' Formers
Lil' Mell
Little Dee
Lovarian Adventures
Mac Hall/Three Panel Soul
Narbonic
No Pink Ponies
No Rest for the Wicked
Okashina Okashi
Penny & Aggie
Penny Arcade
Phoenix
Piled Higher and Deeper
Questionable Content
Return of Stickman
Rob and Elliot
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Saturnalia
Seasons of Constancy
Shortpacked/It's Walky
Sluggy Freelance
Something Like Life
Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki
Tea Club
Templar, AZ
Tracy and Tristan
Tsunami Channel
Venus Envy
xkcd

In addition to the new comics, I've also increased the number of templates for most of the pre-existing ones, such as Rob and Elliot, Narbonic, and Applegeeks. I still need to add templates for Ghost Hunters, I Come From Mars, and add more Dr. McNinja. As it stands, all the comics used in the CCP 2.0, except for a few, are set to be used again in CCP 2.5.

According to Excel, there are over 1050 different templates so far. It's doubtful all of the above will be used in the 12/29 workshop. Depending on how long I have, I may not be able to cover long-form stories, which will exclude several of them from use. Still, it's better to have more than I need just in case I underestimate.

No comments: