Friday, February 20, 2009

2/20/09 Session

The 2/20 session will try something new: I'll be mixing Apples to Apples with the comic project. How it works is simple:

1. Each kid gets 7 red cards (nouns).
2. I draw 3 green cards (adjectives).
3. Each kid is randomly "dealt" a comic.
4. They pick one of the green cards and one of their red cards and base their comic on it.
5. I pick which comic did the best job, they kid gets candy in return.
6. Wash, rinse, repeat!

I don't know if this will work, but the kids generally like competing against each other so it should go over well.

Comics used:

Applegeeks
Awkward Zombie
Demonology 101
Dreamland Chronicle
Ice
Mac Hall
Okashina Okashi
Penny & Aggie
Phoenix
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
Saturnalia
Tea Club
World of Orenda

Plus many others I've picked at random from some of the unused templates.

No comments: