Wednesday, May 28, 2008

3/8/08 CMT II Soundtracks

In the first comic tournament, I used a CD of random music I'd burned for my car. I found that music was an effective way to block distracting background noise while also helping get the kids into a mood to create. In videos of the first tournament you can hear music like Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Ievan Polka" by Loituma.

For the the second Comic Making Tournament, instead of just a random mix CD, I wanted a set of specific "soundtracks." Each CD would have a general theme, contain music appropriate for all ages, and be an eclectic mix to expose kids to more than just the usual "bubblegum pop" that floods most Top 40 stations.

In some of the videos posted so far from the second CMT, you've already heard a few of the songs in there. I've decided to post the track lists for each of the four CD's as well as notes on why I included the individual songs. Most of the songs I used are widely available online (Last.fm, iTunes, etc.). The four soundtracks ("Crazy Sketch," "Hot Blooded Tooning," "Drawing Mad," and "Comic Mission") will be posted separately.

No comments: